What taxes do I have to pay?

As a domestic helper, you only have to pay an employee contribution to the health insurance fund if you

  • have several marginal jobs that together exceed the marginal earnings threshold (for 2023: € 538 per month)
  • or if you have a fully insured employment relationship in addition to a marginal employment.

For marginally employed persons, you pay flat-rate contributions to health and pension insurance amounting to 13.0 percent (KV) or 15.0 percent (RV) of remuneration. Contributions to unemployment and long-term care insurance do not apply. 

Do I qualify for a Minijob?