Do I have to insure my domestic help against accidents?

In Germany, employers are generally required to take out statutory accident insurance for their employees, provided the employment is marginally remunerated (mini-job) or the weekly working hours regularly exceed 20 hours.

If you employ a domestic helper, you should generally take out statutory accident insurance for them. This can be done through the Minijob-Zentrale, where you must register your domestic help. The costs for accident insurance are usually borne by you as the employer.

However, there are exceptions and special regulations, depending on the type of employment and the weekly working hours. It is recommended that you check with the relevant authorities or an insurance advisor to obtain accurate information that applies to your specific case.